Man sentenced to 60 years in prison for 2023 murder of Denver woman

A 45-year-old man will spend 60 years in prison after he took a deal and pleaded guilty this week to murder and assault in the 2023 death of a Denver woman, according to court records.

On Feb. 24, 2023, Clemente Flores-Hernandez shot and killed 44-year-old Karol Bedoya in her Denver home while she was sitting on her couch watching television with her 2-year-old grandson, the Denver District Attorney’s Office said in a news release. The two had been intimate partners for about 10 years.

Bedoya’s son ran up from the basement after hearing the four gunshots and saw Flores-Hernandez approaching him with a gun, the news release stated.

The two fought and Flores-Hernandez strangled Bedoya’s son until he collapsed, prosecutors said in the release. Flores-Hernandez then took Bedoya’s 2-year-old grandson and fled the scene.

After a high-speed chase along Interstate 70, Colorado State Patrol troopers and Adams County sheriff’s deputies arrested Flores-Hernandez about 30 miles east of Denver. The 2-year-old boy was unharmed.

Flores-Hernandez pleaded guilty Tuesday to second-degree murder and first-degree assault by strangulation, court records show.

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top